Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Pledge. By PNoys.
(Please Pass/Share Now)

I am PNOy.
I did not steal a single peso to enrich myself as your President. Hindi po ako nag-nakaw kahit piso mula sa kaban ng bayan.

I am PNoy. I took the dangerous political risks to take initiatives to seriously curb severe corruption in the country.

My beloved countrymen, let me be damned due to DAP. Alam po natin ang kalakaran ng pulitika sa ating bansa. Indeed, I am partly taking the cudgel for my hardworking team.

Pero DAPat no matter what hindi maantala at lalong hindi matigil ang mga programang kinakailangang patuloy na umusad sa kapakinabangan ng milyon-milyong mahihirap nating mga kababayan at sa ika-uunlad ng ating mga pamayanan at bansa.

I promised you that you will be my bosses. I remain single to this day. But ever since I became an elected official, I consider myself a family man. When my father’s life was cut short, I became the only man in the family. When you elected me your President, you have become my family.

In the name of my late father and mother, I will never ever steal a single peso to enrich myself. And in the name of family, I will never do anything that should harm and deprive any one of them.

I am PNoy. During my administration, my team helped steered and managed an economy that expanded by more than 1,000,000,000,000 (1 trillion pesos) since 2010, and added more than 100,000,000,000 (100 billion plus) to government programs and projects that directly benefit millions of the poorest families out of the hundreds of billions of additional funds in our national budget (with the biggest percentage for basic social services and direct anti-poverty measures in our nation’s history.)

More than 3 million more poor families will get cash support from the national government, the kind of families that banks will never even consider for a 1,000-peso cash-capital loan. A million more poor Filipinos benefited from the kind of money (billions of pesos) that in a single transaction enriched a few individuals in some past administrations. I did not steal a million pesos.

If you think I have stolen a single peso to enrich myself, if any one of you can reasonably prove it and if you do think you have a better choice, then, let me be impeached that you be governed by someone you think you can trust more. I don’t have money to buy and bribe my detractors, and to silence those who are intent on discrediting me and my administration no matter what.

I re-iterate my pledge: I will not steal a single peso to enrich myself.

Ernest Barraquias Jr.
Rian Igos

We are Pnoys.

(This is for editing)


We seldom issue statements like this. But indeed, the President is right and should be listened to: There will be disruptions in the delivery / implementation of basic social services of the government if the controversies regarding DAP causes him to scramble for better channels to distribute government goods and services.
____

We urged and begged a few Gubernatorial, Congressional and Mayoral candidates to either support or at least not operate against then presidential candidate Senator Benigno Aquino. Due to that we did not get paid by a few of them for our services as authoritative consultants for the 1st-time Automated-Count Election System to be implemented then, and as coaches for modern scientific campaigning methods. One group cancelled a contract with us.


We did not get a single peso or equivalent favor from the present administration. Many of those who worked and operated against him migrated to the Liberal Party and many of them got DAP-funds - most of it relatively spent as intended, we guess. We did not intend to give accurate factual figures as to the above “I Am PNoy” statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment